2011-03-02

What should Federal and State governments provide ?

Here is a list that I will be expanding on. The best description I have for myself is a "rational anarchist".

Should government provide .........

== Defense of our established gestalt ? This means repelling invaders who would change our way of life.
== Defense of "our" global interests ?
== Save people in other countries from evil ?
== jobs ?
== safety net ?
== healthcare ?
== border control and immigration control ?
== courts and a legal system ?
== regulation of medicine ?
== regulation of communications ?

more to come

1 comment:

  1. the Locke-Hobbes-Rousseau 'social contract' theorists would have done well to enhance in the direction of the inhabitants having something to say about just how "rational" the 'laws of the land' might be. something along the lines of, "well, this set of axioms is rational, so i agree to this social contract". rather than "my living here in and of itself entails agreement to a social contract that obligates me to respect the 'laws of the land'"

    ReplyDelete

I invite your comments .... Emulate Socrates ... or a Sophont2 .... Be Polite .... Dent the Universe ..... by 99guspuppet