2014-08-20

What is a Black ?

 I am sure that some people will not believe me when I say I don't who or what a Black is.  I know of no reliable scheme or method for determining who is Black, who is Hispanic , who is White , who is Asian , who is Who ....

1) Because they say so .....
 I have a friend with the name R. Rodriguez.  He claims minority status on the basis of his name.  I know of no one who is more whitebread than he.   So ??

2)  Because everyone knows  they are .....
Let us use Barack Obama as an example.  When he was elected , some people looked like they were going to fly over the moon.  "We have elected the first black POTUS they screamed.... a new era.  Leaving aside the problem of who is referred to by "We" , I have to admit I do not understand how Obama qualifies as black.  Because he is married to Michelle ?  Because he has big ears ?  Because he was born in... whoops , no one seems to be sure.  All I know is that he is a smooth talking, two tongued liar , who hands out loot to his friends and seems ( does he have inner guilt ? ) to not mind ordering drone kills.  His speech patterns do not clue me into his blackness.  So help me out here... what am I looking for ?

3)  They live in a ghetto ....
Okay... what if they move out of the ghetto ... or move into a ghetto.....

4)  The census people know
What can I say ?

 In the dark of night, I am even more confused....


tags:   WhatIsABlack   FantasyBlack   BlackFantasy   xxamygdala

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments .... Emulate Socrates ... or a Sophont2 .... Be Polite .... Dent the Universe ..... by 99guspuppet