2015-02-28

Review of Anarchapulco 2015

This was a conference held from approximately February 25 to March 1 of 2015.  Many came early and many plan to stay late... or never leave and live in the area.  The first thing I want to say is that I greatly admire Jeff Berwick.   The positive things he has added to my life are immense.  I would say I suffer from hero worship.  When I met my hero and attended the conference..... my inflated expectations were not met.  I still admire Jeff Berwick profoundly.

Meeting Jeff Berwick. .....   I walked up to Jeff in the pool area at the Hotel Copacabana.  He was talking to someone and made a joke and he looked at me and made some response.  Then he went back to his original conversation.  That was it for me..... I am socially retarded ( I will explain later ) so I left the area.

The attendees.   No surprise ..... people at this conference are just people ..... not supermen.   Some are rude.  Some are ( or appear ) to be really stupid.  Some have all the warning flags of being scam artists.  A lot them really like the idea of unicorns riding out of the mists and saving them.  The favorite prediction is that the state will fall and anarchism will rule in .... oh perhaps ..... 5 ... or 10 ... or 15 years.

The favorite word at the conference appeared to be ..... f*ck.  This word was used by presenters and by the entertainment ( at full amplification ).


The Hotel Copacabana     get on the elevators and 24/7 listen to the theme song..... Copacabana.  I will learn the lyrics.
The beach is beautiful.  Friday concert boomed away until 2200 hours.  On the 12th floor it was like you were there.   2 out of three elevators work.  At times the elevators are empty and slow.  Often they are full and slow.  All the time they are slow.  Very soon the approach was to get on any elevator that arrived whether it was going up , down , or sideways.  Sooner ( or later ) you will reach your floor.  An elevator arrived and the woman waiting in front of me determined it was too full.  Not for me.  I jammed my arm into the closing doors and my partner and I crammed ourselves into the mass of humanity that inhabited the magic steel box.  The woman that I had slid by glared at me.

===  WiFi    The Wifi was in a state of SNAFU...... some members of the conference offered to make the WiFi work better.   The logon was strange and offered no security.  Sitting in the corridor outside your room improved the signal.  As one anarchial tech said ..... "Reinforced concrete makes a great faraday cage"

===  Emergency stairs   To avoid the elevator wait my partner and I descended several times from floor 12 to floor R ( restaurant ) ( 12 flights ).  We discovered that the stairs are of unequal height.  Apparently stair builders in Mexico use a "rule of thumb" to dimension their works.



The conference room
Lousy sound .... microphones that malfunction .... If you are a the back of the room you can hear people talking together much better than you can hear the speakers.  When the door opens you can hear the restaurant across the way.  The presenters ( for the most part ) do not know how to use a microphone effectively.  Your best bet is to get close to the front podium.   The room has hard walls and the shrill sound bounces around.

The presenters
Joby Weeks talked at about 1745 hours on Saturday.   A video of him can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWv8oeHGz8 .
Joby was full of energy , jokes and smooth talk.   He spoke speech that casually included segments like "You can have one million dollars plus residual income"  .... "The federal government will pay for 1/2 of the system" ...... "Tesla batteries ( in the car ) will power your house"   "You will be done paying electrical bills in 20 years"


======================================
RG   ( R Graham )

======================================
Sieg Pedde   spedde@pedde.net   Canada   ContainerTechnology
  www.rocamilagro.com    Panama

======================================



The entertainers
===  Comedy   very expressive singing followed by a story ( comedy ? ) filled with big words like f*uck.

===  Rapper   very good rapper with excellent new songs and energetic delivery.  Lyrics included the word f*ck.


The volunteers
I want to admire the volunteers.  One named S.... offered to help me and 30 minutes later after I had become annoyed ( I will not list the many indignities ) I received no help.  I want to admire the volunteers.....  When I pointed out problems ...... I heard " I am terribly sorry" ( more than once ) and saw not much action.   The tone of apology left me feeling as though I had molested a fragile flower.

I did one great thing ..... I created an aisle in the sea of chairs.

My breakdown
borrowing an HDMI cable.
crying in the night.
making angry noises at attendee   ( who I still hate and understand )

My "take"  my conclusions from the conference


Notes:   covered chairs cause problems
two service elevators




tags:  777Anarachapulco    #Anarchapulco    #Anarchapulco2015review

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments .... Emulate Socrates ... or a Sophont2 .... Be Polite .... Dent the Universe ..... by 99guspuppet