2017-05-29

Scammed How to get scammed via eBay Gift Cards

This is how you can be scammed on the internet by use of eBay gift cards



I saw trailer for sale on Craigslist I contacted seller. K en dra H a rper She arranged with eBay to accept payment via gift cards and for eBay to deliver the trailer. I failed to get a confirmation email from eBay. I called an eBay phone number that Kendra supplied. The male support person got everything straightened out.
( He said his name was David Herrmann ) Because of the mix-ups , I called eBay using my own account support number. eBay said " no way is this a legit transaction"
I also checked via an email address eBay gave me.
spoof@eBay.com

There were 341 views of the trailer images ... so many people may have fallen for this fraud.
Here is a link to the emails with headers


===============================================

On 2017m05d27, at 17:01 MDT, K H <en   dra0    9h@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there,

My name is K---a , happy to see you are interested in my 2OO9 KeystoneOutback 21RS. Let me give you a few details about it. Really good shape, never had any problems with it,It has a clean title, free of damages or accidents of any type.Interior was never exposed to cigarette / tobacco smoke, Length (feet):21, Sleeping Capacity: 8, Water Capacity (Gallons):41-50. These units are very nicely outfitted by the factory with nice finishes, flat screen tv, outside kitchen, Stereo with interior and exterior speakers, outside tv mount and hook up, electric front jack, levelers all around, awning and lots of cabinet space among other things. Everything is in working order. Camper has received regular maintenance including yearly washing, sealing and protective treatment of the roof. The price was reduced at $-1,500. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this camper and as a woman i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.

Please let me know if you are interested and where are you located.

Here is a link to the camper photo gallery: http://imgur.com/a/DhNYQ


Sincerely , KH

=============================================

Hi Gus, I was contacted by eBay that you have already received the invoice. From my side everything is done, I got ready all the papers work that you need to register the camper in your name. Please call their customer support number provided in the invoice +1(866) 286-8578 in order to confirm the transaction and let me know when are you able to make the payment.

P.S: Please check your junk or spam folder messages too,maybe the invoice from eBay went there,anyway I have a copy of the invoice from eBay, I attached it here to this e-mail, so please check the PDF file attached here.

It has been a great pleasure dealing with you,Kendra

====================================================

Hi Gus, I was contacted by eBay that you have already received the invoice. From my side everything is done, I got ready all the papers work that you need to register the camper in your name. Please call their customer support number provided in the invoice +1(866) 286-8578 in order to confirm the transaction and let me know when are you able to make the payment.

P.S: Please check your junk or spam folder messages too,maybe the invoice from eBay went there,anyway I have a copy of the invoice from eBay, I attached it here to this e-mail, so please check the PDF file attached here.

It has been a great pleasure dealing with you,K---


==================================================






===========================================================



Craigslist


==================================================
eBay



From: eBay Customer Support - spoof <spoof@ebay.com>
Subject: RE: Fwd: eBay Buyer Protection - Case ID# 8534238313 tags : 99Kendra 99fraud (KMM6111131V64402L0KM)
Date: 2017m05d29 at 07:26:54 MDT
To: 99guspuppet <yes@nope9.com>

Hello,

Thanks for forwarding the suspicious email you received. 

The email is a spoof, also known as a "phishing," email. (That's 
phishing, as in "fishing" for personal information.) It didn't come from
eBay. Our Trust & Safety team is working to disable any websites it 
links to.

Copies of any emails we send you about the status of your account or a 
change in your account information will be displayed in My Messages. 
This is especially helpful since many spoof emails try to convince you 
that your account is in jeopardy. 

-- Important -- 
*Never* respond to a suspicious email or click any links in the email 
message. If you think you may have given out personal information in a 
spoof email or website, you need to take steps to protect your identity 
right away. For more information about what to do, go to:


If you'd like to learn more about how to spot a spoof email and stay 
safe online, go to:


Keep those reports coming -- you're helping protect the global Internet 
community! Our Trust & Safety team works closely with Internet Service 
Providers to shut down fraudulent sites. We also send your reports to 
Web browser companies so that they can develop tools to identify spoof 
sites.


Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety Team

===============================================

tags:   777fraud  777scam    scam  fraud 
99guspuppet

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments .... Emulate Socrates ... or a Sophont2 .... Be Polite .... Dent the Universe ..... by 99guspuppet